Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tomato transplants part 3


  This week I have re-pot a couple of tomatoes that I started a few weeks ago. I kept one of each variety a Stupice and a Chocolate Cherry and I plan to grow both of these out in containers for the upcoming season.



  In this container mix I used 25 percent perlite, 25 percent peat moss, 40 percent compost and 10 percent rock dust. The rock dust I will use today is a sifted granite which I purchased in bulk from a sand and rock company.
  I like to mix everything together and add water. I like to trim the bottom leaves off and keep them off the ground at all times it keeps the tomatoes from picking up diseases from the ground.





 This year I am going grow a lot more plants in containers or try to lol.  I plan to grow tomatoes, peppers and okra in containers this will be the first year for me trying to container grow okra so this should be fun....
 Later Dusty.....

No comments:

Post a Comment